You start to question everything… Does she think my posts are garbage…? Have I done something to offend her? Is she sleeping? Are the Moderators and Co-Hosts all in a coup d’état against me??!
None of that is true… The only time you’ll know that you’re no longer welcome at the @MarshaWright camp is if you’re blocked on Twitter (a fate reserved for the particularly obnoxious or wreckless repeat offenders to most key guidelines of the community).
THIS POST IS HERE TO TELL YOU WHY YOU’RE NOT BEING RETWEETED AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT…
While 95% of those who share on #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha have no issues with being RTd (as long as they are following the guidelines), there are some… you included (since you’re reading this post)… who have come to fall in that 5% gap. It will take a few weeks of persistence but it is something you can solve which will make your overall Twitter experience better too!
FIRST THING TO KNOW…
It’s not the #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha team that’s causing the issue… It’s an issue with the Twitter algorithm and how it is choosing to show your tweets to the public (anyone except you).
If you read the Twitter Terms of Service related to Spam content. It specifically says “Accounts under investigation may be removed from search for quality”.
Our Co-Hosts team are a small number of volunteers working the full 36 hours NON-STOP over the weekend. They are dedicated moderators (who often miss sleep and family events to support the community) and have to look at every one of the thousands of incoming tweets on the hashtag and RT them or send guidelines. We have a robust training process and we never simply ignore tweets coming in.
If we’re not RTing you – and you haven’t received a reply to your tweet that you broke the rules – then we cannot see your tweets! St busy times you should allow a couple hours before thinking something’s gone wrong (we may have a moderator with an emergency who arrived late for their shift. We will ALWAYS catch up after a gap and often go back 10 hours + to sweep and look for anything that’s been missed or hidden by Twitter).
Here’s what we know in a nutshell…
Some people fall into a kind of ‘jail’ with Twitter where their tweets don’t show up on hashtag search results. Because we Retweet from the Hashtag search results; when you’re not showing up we can’t see your tweets… and no matter how many you send – we won’t even see them – and most other Twitter users won’t either!
To fix this problem you have to change things you do on your Twitter account and how you use Twitter so you can get off Twitters ‘naughty’ list – thus increasing your exposure overall – not just on #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha! (Note: we can’t give you guarantees on this fix but it has worked for others)…
The first step to is tip check if you’re on Twitter’s naughty list…
- You do this by sending a tweet on any hashtag including #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha and then immediately (within 1 minute) logging out of your Twitter account, and in Twitter’s search put the hashtag in at the top. When the list of tweets appears click LATEST. If your tweet doesn’t show there within 2 minutes (remember to refresh and look carefully) – then 9 out of 10 times Twitter is hiding your tweets from public searches to improve the experience of others and prevent people seeing tweets that are not relevant.
What to do about it if you’re on the naughty list…
- Now READ THIS ARTICLE >> https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-my-tweets-show-up-in-any-hashtag-feeds
- When you tweet on #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha – regularly self-check if your tweets are coming up by logging out as instructed above. Remember we can only RT what we see… If you’re not seeing it – we aren’t either and that’s why we’re not RTing you!
- Include @MarshaWright in all the text areas with your image tweets when you tweet #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha. Use the format: “quote/some text of what the image says, 2. #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha 3. Check what’s trending now that could be relevant or positive or use a hashtag like #quote #motivation #positivity etc. use 3-4 hashtags total including #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha. (this helps Twitter learn that you share relevant stuff) and 4. at the end include @MarshaWright. Do this for ALL your tweets on ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha.
- Improve your ‘bad’ behavior… Look at your Tweets over the last week (or more if you tweet infrequently)…
- Are you sending the same tweets over and over to people who RT or follow you? e.g. ‘thanks for the follow/RT’ if you’re sending the same text Twitter treats it as spammy/not valuable and limits the visibility of it. We recommend generally that you vary your wording as Twitter’s algorithm does pick this up.
- Are you sending bulk DMs or welcome tweets that are very clearly spammy
- Are you participating on other hashtags in a way that is irrelevant to the topics
- Are you tweeting infrequently and then going on a tweet binge?
- Are you using a service that Twitter deems ‘unsavoury’? Check your APPS and revoke any apps that you don’t recognize. Here’s how to do that >>https://support.twitter.com/articles/76052
- Are you sending the same tweets every day on a carousel without tweeting naturally too?
What else can you try?
- Aside from that – try Tweetdeck for scheduling for this weekend and let’s see how it goes. We’ve heard of about 20 people who have been experiencing this – it is not for lack of trying or lack of effort that co-hosts on the ThinkBIG team are putting in- we want to share YOUR positivity with the world… Help us to help you get the platform so others see your tweets.
- You can TRY to reach out to Twitter to get some help, but don’t hold your breath for a speedy response – or any at all.
- Finally, if all else fails please send a DM message to @ThinkBIGMods including @MarshaWright in the DM too and let us know you’re not getting your retweets and it’s been a few hours of sending without the RTs happening. Give us some time to spot the message if we haven’t replied in 8 hours send another message in the same thread asking politely for help. We will MANUALLY go to your page and RT you. However, it is a manager who would normally do this not just an ordinary co-host so please KEEP SHARING and we’ll RT you soon as we can!!
Has this article been useful to you? Please let us know by sending a tweet to @ThinkBIGMods and @MarshaWright.